|Handelsbanken is a full-service bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence due to a nationwide network of around 150 branches and a long-term approach to customer relations.
- Handelsbanken's goal is to have higher profitability than the average for its competitors.
- The goal should be achieved by the bank having more satisfied customers and lower costs than its competitors.
- For the past 40 years Handelsbanken has had higher profitability than the average for its competitors.
- In Sweden, Handelsbanken has had the highest level of customer satisfaction since surveys started in 1989. Here in Great Britain, Handelsbanken was also ranked top for customer satisfaction and loyalty for the last four years.
- Handelsbanken has been the most cost effective universal bank in Europe for many years.
- For a long time, Handelsbanken has had a lower loan loss ratio than its competitors.
|Handelsbanken's corporate philosophy|
- A strongly decentralised organisation - the branch is the bank
- The customer in focus - not individual products
- Profitability is always given higher priority than volumes
- A long-term perspective
- Oktogonen - the bank's profit-sharing system
Founded in 1871, Handelsbanken is one of Sweden's leading banks with over 700 branches in 24 countries, and more than 10,000 employees.
Handelsbanken commenced operations in Great Britain in 1982.
Read more about our history