Malware can allow the fraudster to control your computer over the internet without you even knowing about it. Links in emails and text messages are often used to spread Viruses which can be embedded within files and go undetected.
- Use an updated antivirus program.
- Do not open links and attachments you receive via email or text if you do not know what they contain.
- Check the email address of the sender is exactly right.
- Do not reply to messages if the sender is unknown.
- If the login page to Handelsbanken Online Banking looks different, it could be a sign that your computer has been attacked: please contact your branch immediately.
- Do not modify the operating system on your mobile device.