- Available for sole and joint accounts.
- Accessible through a range of channels.
- You can apply for an overdraft facility providing you with increased flexibility to manage your day to day finances.
- Cash / cheques can be deposited into a current account via Post Office® counter or NatWest counter service.
- Outward payments available include standing order, Direct Debit, Faster Payments, CHAPS, BACS, SWIFT and SEPA euro payments.
An easy and secure way to manage your money
Accessing your account
Your dedicated account manager, branch and customer support team are available to help you service your account – and in addition, you can use Individual Online Banking, the Handelsbanken Mobile Banking App, our contactless Debit and Charge cards or cheque to make payments and access your money.
We provide quick and convenient ways to transfer money within and outside the UK.
Current Account Switch Service
Switching to Handelsbanken is simple and stress-free. You can choose the date you want the switch to happen - in as little as seven working days.
Deposit protection arrangements
Your eligible deposits with Handelsbanken plc are protected up to a total of £85,000 (or £85,000 for each eligible account holder of a joint account) by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any total deposits above the £85,000 limit are unlikely to be covered.
FSCS leaflet (pdf 1.1 MB)