Mortgages and Lending
Whether you are looking for your dream home, thinking about remortgaging or would like to borrow, we can help find a mortgage that makes the process smooth and straightforward from start to finish.
We take time to understand your needs, goals and overall financial position to help find a solution to suit you. We can then help you throughout the entire process. You get a direct line to your dedicated account manager, who keeps you up to date, is proactive and makes sure everything is in order at each stage of the process. Key decisions are made within the branch by staff rather than a central computer, so you can be confident that your individual circumstances are taken into account.
What you'll get with a Handelsbanken mortgage:
- All aspects of the application are handled locally at the branch, speeding up the process
- Trusted local valuers with whom we have long term relationships
- Expert advice from qualified, experienced bankers with local knowledge
We can consider mortgages including:
- Mortgages into retirement
- Income from multiple sources, including directorships
- Rental income
- Additional security considered
Meeting your mortgage needs
- Moving homeWe know that moving house can be stressful, so we aim to make the mortgage process as easy and efficient as possible for you.
As soon as you have found the home you love, speak to your account manager, who will work with you to identify the mortgage that suits your needs and that is affordable. They will keep you updated at each stage of the process, letting you know what is required, if any further information is needed, and what happens next in a timely manner.
- RemortgagingIf you are looking to remortgage, Handelsbanken has a range of mortgage solutions to meet your needs, and your account manager can help you through the whole process. Because we make decisions in the branch, we know the local market and appoint local conveyancers and legal advisors, remortgaging with Handelsbanken can be swift and simple.
- Additional secured borrowing and lendingIf you are looking to borrow more, perhaps to improve your home or for a special purchase, your account manager will help you to identify your options, and take you through from start to finish. Because decisions are taken within the branch, not centrally, and are based on an understanding of your individual circumstances, you can be confident you will receive a personal service that is based on your needs and situation.
- Residential development loan
Building a new house from scratch can be daunting, but we can make dream homes a reality.
We know that one size does not fit all, so whether you want to renovate your home or are building a new property, you benefit from direct access to your own account manager, and the backing of the branch team who will do their best to make sure everything runs smoothly.
We aim to give you sound advice from beginning to end, to provide you with timely and clear decisions, and we will keep you up to date. We take the time to understand your own requirements and circumstances, and we work to provide a residential development lending solution that suits you.
Each local branch has an understanding of the local market and has built up relationships with trusted local surveyors and solicitors to help provide you with expert guidance and make the process smoother.
- Beneficial interest rate of one or two years
- Loan is drawn down in instalments in line with a build contract
- Loan may include an initial instalment to assist with the purchase of land
- Ability to apply for a standard residential mortgage interest rate once project is complete
- Overall development mortgage agreement provided against an independent valuation of project end value
- Buy-to-letWe provide buy-to-let mortgages, whether you are an experienced landlord or looking to buy your first investment property. Our expert bankers can can help you through the whole process, and because we make the key decisions in the branch, we are able to provide you with timely answers when speed is of the essence.
Why we don’t publish mortgage rates
- Handelsbanken's current Standard Variable Rate* (HSVR) is 4.25%
- Handelsbanken's Base Rate* is 1.25%.
The Handelsbanken Standard Variable Rate and Handelsbanken Base Rate are based on the bank’s true cost of funding, rather than tracking the Bank of England Base Rate.
Looking for personal lending?
We can help you to borrow*, and make the process smooth and straightforward from start to finish.
For more information, please speak to your account manager.
*Depending on your circumstances and subject to eligible criteria, we may be able to assist you with personal borrowing.
Please note that personal lending is only available to persons 18 and over and is subject to status. Security may be required.
Please note that mortgages are only available to persons aged 18 or over and are subject to status.
Security will be required for mortgages. Suitable life cover may also be required for mortgages.
Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other loans secured on it.