- Manage your accounts and cards
- Make transfers and payments, both within and outside the UK
- View and manage standing orders and direct debits
- Communicate with your branch via secure email, and access online statements
- Prevent your cards being used abroad and online / by telephone, for your security
Contact your local branch to apply for online bankingThe branch will send you everything you need to get online: an email with your 16 digit log-on card number and instructions, a code envelope with a 12 digit registration code, and a card reader and cable.
Find your branch
Choose your PINUse the two log-on codes to choose your PIN. Once you have done this, your log-on card will be sent to you via post.
Choose PINOpens in a new window
Install security software on your computerFor your security, before you can use your card reader you need to install Handelsbanken’s security software, called BankID.
Log inOnce you have received your log-on card in the post, you can log in to online banking and register for the mobile app.
Log inOpens in a new window
Help and support
Contact your branch for more assistance or contact our Handelsbanken telephone customer support on:
0800 470 8000
+44 20 757 88247 from outside the UK.
24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Do I need a log-on card and card reader?Yes, you will need a card and card reader in order to access online banking for the first time. However, once you have logged in successfully you can register for Quick log-on to view your accounts and perform lower risk transactions, without your log-on card and card reader. For your security, certain functions (such as creating a new standing order) will need you to use your log-on card and card reader.
- How do I get my log-on card and card reader?
- What operating systems and browsers work with online banking?
Find out what operating systems and browsers are required for our online services.