- No upper limit to the amount you can deposit.
- Initial minimum deposit of £5,000.
- No minimum withdrawal.
- Flexibility to make one-off deposits or to set up regular contributions.
- Withdrawals are subject to agreed notice period.
Notice Deposit Accounts
Benefit from higher interest rates, with access to your money after an agreed notice period.
Managing your account
- You can access your funds and manage your account with ease through the branch, by telephone, our Individual Online Banking service or Mobile Banking App.
- You can open multiple Notice Deposit Accounts for specific goals.
- You can contact the customer support team outside of branch opening hours for assistance on a range of banking matters.
Which savings account is right for you?
Choose our 10 day Notice Deposit Account if you would like a higher interest rate than the Instant Access Account, but don’t need to make instant withdrawals. Choose our 35 day Notice Deposit Account if you want to save with an even higher interest rate, and you are able to give over a month’s notice before you need the money. Ideal for longer term savings.
If you are saving for unexpected emergencies, then the Instant Access account may best suit your needs. If you are able to take advantage of tax-efficient savings and can invest up to £20,000 per year, take a look at our Cash ISA.
More ways to grow your money
Access the investment expertise of Handelsbanken Wealth Management specialists and their range of global multi asset investment funds through a Stocks and Shares ISA.
Deposit protection arrangements
Your eligible deposits with Handelsbanken plc are protected up to a total of £85,000 (or £85,000 for each eligible account holder of a joint account) by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK's deposit protection scheme. Any total deposits above the £85,000 limit are unlikely to be covered.
FSCS leaflet (pdf 1.1 MB)