Gender equality goals and progress
Handelsbanken gender equality goal
Our progress against the goals as of 30 June 2021
- Increase of 9% (2016: 18%, 2021: 27%) of women in leadership positions since 30 June 2016,
- 44% of new recruits were women in 12 months to 30 June 2021.
- 50% increase of female leaders since 2016
What else are we doing?
- At a UK level we’re focusing on adapting our Diversity and Inclusion strategy which will increase our scope beyond gender.
- We now have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Working Group which is co-chaired by the Diversity and Inclusion Manager and a member of the executive committee. The purpose of this group is to promote, champion, encourage and influence diversity and inclusion across the Bank.
- A dedicated Human Resources Working Group will be created to review our approach to inclusive recruitment , encouraging mixed gender interview panels, diverse short-lists and values based hiring. We will provide training to all hiring managers exploring the impact that bias has on the recruitment and selection process and what can be done to prevent it.
- Hybrid working guidelines were introduced in August 2021 which we believe will have a positive impact on all our colleagues.
- From 2022, all members of the executive committee will have an inclusion goal to deliver as part of their individual action plans, (with a view to eventually rolling this out to all line managers) which will not only support inclusive practices and environments for women, but for all colleagues.
- Our exit interviews will be reviewed and tailored to include specific questions for all women who leave the Bank, regardless of role or level. This will provide valuable insight and drive future actions within gender and all other areas of equality, diversity and inclusion.
We’ll create a programme for all colleagues returning to work after a period of absence. The programme will have gender specific focuses to support colleagues by fostering an environment of safety, belonging and inclusion.
Please note: data used is as at 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017, 30 June 2018 ,30 June 2019, 30 June 2020 and 30 June 2021.